THE HOVERMAN, “Hoverboard”, will, under certain circumstances, accept the return of product subject to the following return procedure: For unused, undamaged product from original owner, in original packaging – Within seven days after receipt of the Product, Purchaser must contact THE HOVERMAN and request a Return Product Authorization (RPA) number.
After Purchaser receives an RPA number from THE HOVERMAN, Purchaser must return the Product to THE HOVERMAN in an unused, undamaged condition and in the original packaging. The Product must be received no later than seven days after the RPA was issued. Purchaser, as a condition of returning the Product, must pay THE HOVERMAN a re-stocking fee equal to 10% of the purchase price for the returned Product. Payment of this fee is due at the time Purchaser obtains the RPA, subject to actual return of the Product in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
All returns are subject to assessment first, returns that are meant for repairs will be booked in by our technician, it takes 2-3 days for the product to be ready for collection by purchaser.
Upon receipt of the returned Product, THE HOVERMAN shall inspect the returned Product to confirm that it is unused and undamaged and in the original packaging. Upon such confirmation, and provided the Purchaser has followed the procedure set forth in this Policy, THE HOVERMAN shall credit Purchaser for the purchase price less the 10% restocking fee. If Purchaser returns Product that is used, damaged, not in the original packaging, or otherwise not in accord with this policy, then THE HOVERMAN shall not issue any credit to Purchaser and Purchaser shall pay all costs for return shipment of the Product to Purchaser.
Cancellation of contract/sales agreement where a sales agreement had been put in place between purchaser and THE HOVERMAN will attract a 25% cancellation fee on deposit paid or total amount paid for the products.
*Refund process takes 7-14 working days. Storage fee will be applicable where purchaser has not collected products already paid for and ready for collection.
Products of THE HOVERMAN carry a 3 month warranty against manufacturing defects. If you encounter any issues with your THE HOVERMAN product, contact THE HOVERMAN Technical Support. Product should be brought back to THE HOVERMAN during warranty period to make use of warranty, any product sent to us after this period is considered out of warranty.
What does this warranty cover:
This Limited Warranty covers the original purchaser from any defects in material or workmanship under normal use for three months from the date of invoice. This warranty is only offered to the original purchaser of the product, and is not transferable to a subsequent purchaser. THE HOVERMAN will either repair or replace the product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts are our discretion. Replacements may be different but functionally equivalent models.
* Scratched or physically damaged hoverboards & karts will not be exchanged for a brand new, but will be repaired.
What does this warranty not cover?
This Limited Warranty covers the original purchaser from any defects in material or workmanship under normal use for one year from the date of invoice. This warranty is only offered to the original purchaser of the product, and is not transferable to a subsequent purchaser. THE HOVERMAN will either repair or replace the product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts are our discretion.
In what instances will the manufacturer’s warranty not apply?
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
- Damage caused by lightning or power surges
- Damage caused by misuse or abuse to the goods – Impact/Physical Damage
- Goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured for.
- Please note that our Hoverboards is not made for standing in the middle as its general use is upon the foot-pads only.
- Any structural; physical damage; water damage or signs of misuse voids the warranty of this product.
- As this is a mechanical product, please ensure that the product is looked after and used according to the instruction/user manual provided.
- Please ensure that the Hoverboard is utilised for its manufactured purpose. Misuse may void the warranty
- Goods used contrary to their instruction manuals
- Accidental damage
- Change of Plugs
- Torn Warranty seal/Opened by user/Tampering on product. Tampering/opening of the product unauthorized by our technical team.
- Water/liquid Damage (On electric products which is not noted as waterproof.)
- NOTE: Remember to charge the battery after each use. Completely draining the battery may cause permanent damage to the battery. Electronics inside the battery record the charge-discharge condition of the battery; damage caused by over-discharge or under-discharge will not be covered by the warranty.
Limitation of Liability:
In no event shall THE HOVERMAN be liable for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages or liabilities (including but not limited to incidental or consequential damages for loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of product, or any other consequential or incidental loss) in connection with the purchase, use, or operation of the product. THE HOVERMAN is not liable for property damage, personal injury, or death.
*NB Courier costs to us or from us for a faulty product are not covered by THE HOVERMAN.
While you’re having fun on your HOVERBOARD, don’t forget to be safe! We’ve worked hard to compile the safety guidelines below, but cannot anticipate every scenario, so please always follow these guidelines and exercise common sense while riding your HOVERBOARD. So, read below, remember, and ride safe!
- There is risk of falling while on a THE HOVERMAN product. By using a THE HOVERMAN product, you assume such risk and take responsibility for your own safety. THE HOVERMAN is not responsible for injury or accidental death arising from use of our products.
- Before you start using the board – charge for 2hrs. Review the User Manual for your THE HOVERMAN product and familiarize yourself with the operating instructions so that you can operate your unit safely and keep it the best condition.
- Wear protective clothing and safety gear, including helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and other appropriate gear. Always wear closed-toe shoes while riding your HOVERBOARD.
- The HOVERBOARD is only for personal entertainment. Only ride the HOVERBOARD where permitted. You may not be allowed to ride it on sidewalks and streets. Check your local laws first.
- While learning to use a HOVERBOARD, make sure you have a buddy to help you balance until you are proficient with balancing on your own.
- Relax your legs while riding, knees slightly bent. This helps maintain balance when you encounter uneven ground.
- Make sure your feet are always on your unit. Taking your feet off the HOVERBOARD while riding may be dangerous.
- THE HOVERMAN does not encourage use of its products by minors and discourages use of our products without adult supervision. Any use of THE HOVERMAN products by minors should be supervised at all times by an adult.
- Only use THE HOVERMAN product if you are healthy and are able to balance.
- The HOVERBOARD is not a medical mobility device and should not be used as such.
- The elderly, and pregnant women should not ride the HOVERBOARD.
- Do not carry items when riding.
- Avoid riding over obstacles and slippery or wet ground such as snow, ice, and wet surfaces.
- Do not ride in the rain.
- Avoid riding on items made of cloth, small branches, and stone.
- Avoid riding in narrow spaces or where there are obstacles.
- Avoid riding on steep slopes.
- Do not ride backwards for long distances or at high speeds. Be especially careful when riding backwards and turning.
- Do not operate near flammable vapor, liquids, dust or fibers, and other fire hazards.
- Do not start or stop suddenly.
- When riding the HOVERBOARD you must comply with local laws and give way to pedestrians.
- Please be alert to your surroundings to ensure a safe ride. Do not use your HOVERBOARD while using your cell phone.
- Do not ride in dimly lit or dark places.
- The HOVERBOARD can only support one person. Do not let two or more people ride it.
- Min weight 20kg & Max weight 120kg.
- The weight of the user and their belongings should not exceed the minimum load indicated in your User Manual, otherwise you may fall and be injured and damage the HOVERBOARD. Exceeding the weight capacity of the unit may result in difficulty controlling the unit and injuries to the rider. This is especially true when riding downhill, as the HOVERBOARD may reach unsafe speeds.
- Ensure the vehicle speed is safe to yourself and others, and be ready to stop at any time.
- If you are in an accident, please contact Emergency Services right away.
- If you and your friends are riding THE HOVERMAN products or any other moving products near each other, please keep a safe distance from each other to avoid collisions.
- When going through doors, remember you will be taller on THE HOVERMAN product.
- When steering, pay attention to your body’s centre of gravity. A sudden shift may cause you to fall.
- Do not tamper with or use a HOVERBOARD if you have disassembled your unit.
- If your unit is damaged, punctured or otherwise not fully functional, please refrain from use and call THE HOVERMAN Customer Service department.
All rights Reserved The Hoverman ©️ 2020